Report by: David J <email@example.com> From: Potomac, MD
1st time report.
I've stayed at many properties on and off the strip, and this was by far one of the most pleasant and relaxing experiences i've ever had. Some highlights:
1. Check-in. We arrived early in the day and did a "pre-check in" which i highly recommend. go up to the check-out counter and ask to have a room blocked off, so you can check in quickly at the 3pm start. Luggage was delivered promptly and efficiently.
2. Pool. Awesome. VERY Crowded. you have to get there early to get a chair. they start lining up 1/2 hour before it opens. people have a nasty habit of reserving a chair by using their towel, then wandering off. this creates a lot of inconveniences for others. a nice touch is unlimited H2O that's cold and easy to get. the bar drinks can become pricy. the restaurant at the pool has a good selection of food, and the prices aren't too lofty. Lazy river is fun, but $20 to rent an innertube for one day is usury in some states. Just go in without one.
3. Casino. Huge, confusing to navigate, every gaming option available to take your money. I have to say that although i lost a few bucks playing craps, it was a fantastic experience. Go figure. If you're with a group and decide to split up, it's best to pick a place on the perimeter of the casino to meet up because one can get lost easily. If you're a craps player, the tables were plentiful, lots of $5 minimums, and 3x 4x 5x odds. The comps were great, too. Plenty of BJ action, usually $10 tables with either continuous shuffle machines or 6-deck human shuffle. no two-deck games in the house. Got clobbered at BJ.
4. Food. Delightful. I would highly highly recommend the deli located in the corner of the sports book/poker room. the food is hot, fresh, tasty, and inexpensive. I got a pastrami sandwich on grilled rye with melted cheese...piled high my friend! all for $6. yes, you can charge to your room. this is probably one of the best unadvertised restaurants on the strip. We also ate at the Border Grill, the casino Cafe, and China Grill. All were terrific.
5. Spa. Expensive. Didn't use it. over $27 a day to use a couple of exercise machines. instead, went for a jog BEHIND the hotel and away from the strip. this was great because you can still see all of the hotels, but no traffic at all. make a right on russell, down a few blocks, then another right after you cross I-15. you can go for miles. quiet and safe area.
6. Four Seasons. If you want to splurge a little, i would recommend this. separate entrance, separate pool, rooms are on the upper floors of the Mandalay tower with private elevators. It's worth a few extra bucks if you want to avoid the crowds.
7. Check-out. Easy, quick, and we were on our way. Will someone please explain why a taxi FROM the airport is $15, but going TO the airport is $8...
Enjoy your stay.
David J <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Potomac, MD